When Water Goes Where It Shouldn’t
RIGHTSURE INSURANCE GROUP | Home Insurance in Tucson and Casa Grande |
Even a small leak can become a major problem, so knowing what you’re covered for and how to prevent water damage are equally important. The below tips should help uncover any potential water problems down the road and keep your property dry.
- Check appliance hoses. Standard hoses are not as durable as they used to be. Replace rubber hoses with steel-braided hoses. This is a low cost fix that can save thousands in water damage.
- Broken tiles in the shower can allow water to leak into the walls or on the floor. Replace cracked tiles and regrout when needed.
- Run dishwasher and washing machine only when you are home. If a leak occurs, you can turn the appliance off right away.
- When on vacation, turn off the main water supply to your house.
- Keep storm drains near your house clear of leaves.
- Install a gutter guard. This can prevent a rooftop disaster caused by drain clogs, and also prevents flooding by water that isn’t carried away from the house.
- Install a water pressure gauge. An inexpensive gauge can prevent damage caused by water pressure that’s too high. Pressure should be between 60 and 80 PSI.
If you have any questions at all about your coverage, call us 520-901-7010 or you can use our Facebook page for most policy servicing functions www.facebook.com/rightsure
Car Insurance | Home Insurance | Umbrella Insurance | Small Business Insurance.