Skip to content

RightSure Insurance Group Blog

All You Ever Wanted to Know About Insurance

Landlord & Rental Property Insurance


Landlord and Rental Property Insurance Tucson & Oro Valley 

March 6, 2012

If you make or supplement your living by buying Investment Properties, WE HAVE GOOD NEWS.

Our Landlord and Rental Property Insurance Tucson & Oro Valley program has better pricing and coverages.

Landlord and Rental Property Insurance Tucson & Oro Valley highlights

  • Replacement cost is available for Vacant Properties
  • Seasonal and Vacation rentals now qualify
  • Annual Prorated policies ( insurance speak for only pay for the term needed - as few as 2 months )
  • Multiple units can be insured under one policy

    Just a reminder ( in case you missed our last blog ) we also have a New Platinum Package for Landlords. This was designed for clients who need Landlord and Rental Property Insurance in Tucson & Oro Valley on a larger scale.

    Landlord and Rental Property Insurance ( Platinum Package offers )

    • Upgraded Coverages
    • A Single Policy for all your units
    • Discounted Package Pricing
    • Wrongful Eviction Coverage can be added.

    For More Information on Landlord and Property Insurance in Tucson & Oro Valley, please visit our website at http://www.rightsure.com or call us at 520-901-7010


    Also, see our related articles:

    Vacant Home Insurance in Tucson

    A true Home Insurance Story

    Do you have enough coverage to rebuild your home ?

    Another True Story - About an Encompass Insurance Client




    Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 6:41am MST

    Someone I work with visits your blog regularly and recommended it to me to see too. The way of writing is great and also the content is top-notch. Thanks for that insight you supply the readers!


    Friday, April 27, 2012 at 8:54am MST

    Hi! Spot on with this write-up, I truly think this website needs much more consideration. I’ll probably be again to read much more, thanks for that info.


    Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 2:31pm MST

    Sealing it off is one of the nationally acepetcd ways of handling it. At that point, it is considered encapsulated which is all that’s required by most codes and the Health Dept.Recognize that ACM (Asbestos Containing Materials) tiles have to be disintegrating and releasing the micro-fibers before it’s truly a danger. This is a condition known as friable . If the VAT (Vinyl Asbestos Tiles) are friable , stop, demand abatement (encapsulation and removal by a trained team). In floor tiles, however, the issue is usually solved by covering over. That’s because the tile was only half the story in those days. The adhesive used then to hold the tiles down was an ACM and it was strong. So removing the tiles is extremely difficult but scraping up every last morsel of the old adhesive is even worse. It’s hard, messy and expensive. You would have to move out while the abatement is in progress.So, what about the vacuum bringing the fibers thru, as you noted. First, a direct lay (called glu-down ) application of carpet over VAT is going to be a nasty hard floor, even with carpet. It really needs a pad, which are usually foam rubber or a textured sheet rubber. That will give you the proper air-tight barrier between the ACM fibers and you. Additionally, the tile floor area will have to be prepped with a troweled on leveling / prep compound before the pad is glued down with adhesive. Those two goo layers are great at filling missing pieces, sealing any broken tile edges and grounding (into the goo) any loose fibers. Then the rubber pad (your air barrier), then the carpet. Even with cheap carpet (wide weave in the carpet backing) of the worst kind of landlord, your vacuum will never bring ACM fibers thru to your living air space.In short, make sure you get (demand) the following:1. removal of the broken, chipped and loose tiles.2. proper legal and code compliant infill materials3. that all VAT and infill materials are sealed with a minimum of three coats of a resinated floor sealer4. when the sealer has dried thoroughly, the floor area must be prepped with a troweled on floor prep compound.5. that a carpet pad is installed and that the carpet pad is a high grade sheet rubber pad.If he balks at this, you have a choice of staying (and forcing the issue) or moving out. The only way to force it is to have the tests done and you’ll be pushing the edge of legal actions (rental law, health codes, etc). Not a good long term relationship with your landlord but So, take a broken chip piece (preferably with some adhesive on the back) and go visit your local Public Health Dept/Agency. They should test it for you. If it tests positive, they’ll advise you and the property owner what needs to happen next.PS: I’m a licensed Architect in California.

    insurance rate quotes

    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 8:27am MST

    I like the helpful information you provide in your articles.
    I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I am quite certain I’ll learn a lot of new stuff right here!

    Good luck for the next!

    bookmarking submission

    Friday, September 7, 2012 at 3:36am MST

    Looking forward to reading more. Great article post. Fantastic.

    Leave a Comment

    Required fields are marked with


    Your name, comment, and URL will appear on this page after it has been reviewed and approved. Your email address will not be published.