Skip to content

RightSure Insurance Group Blog

All You Ever Wanted to Know About Insurance

Transfer My Progressive Policy to a Local Agent

Transfer My Progressive Policy to a Local Agent.

If you've purchased a Progressive Policy online and suddenly found you need help that requires a real life human to assist AND\OR answer questions, we can help.

Almost daily we receive calls from people who have moved, transferred jobs, or just have a desire to interact with our Famously Friendly Humans aka knowledgeable Insurance Professional.  

We represent Progressive Insurance in over 40 states, so it’s no surprise that helping people transfer Progressive Policies is our specialty.

Below is a short video on and then a few key questions to investigate about transferring your insurance policy. This doesn't cover everything, but should get you going in the right direction.


1. Find a Certified Progressive Signature Agent.

If you're happy with your insurance company, give your agent a call. Your agent should be able to tell you whether you'll need to find a new agent and how to transfer your policies to your new address.

( if your agent doesn't represent Progressive Insurance in your new state, may we recommend calling us. We are licensed with Progressive in over 40 states )

Progressive also has a FIND AN AGENT tool at progressive.com

2. What About New Insurance? And Transferring Insurance?

Talking with a Progressive agent ( or calling us if you need a new Progressive agent ) is the best way to find out what you’ll need to do to get new insurance or transfer your insurance to your new address. Your agent will also help you understand insurance requirements in your new location.

If you're moving between states, keep in mind that insurance coverage varies across states. For example, in California, due to the high frequency of earthquakes, you need to take special precautions to make sure your home is safe and secure in case an earthquake occurs. That’s not the case in Indiana! Different states also have different auto insurance laws, and if you’re moving to a new state, you’ll need a new auto insurance policy – plain and simple.


3. What about a refund from my old policy?  If you have prepaid your prior policy or recently made a payment, we can help you request cancellation and process a credit \ refund on that policy. 

The thing to remember is this:

If you are just looking to transfer your Progressive policy to a local Progressive agent in your state, you need to start with finding an agent in your state, OR consider contacting RightSure Insurance Group as we represent Progressive in multiple states. 

Still have questions ?

Call us.

RIGHTSURE is known for our " Famously Friendly Humans " Real people to talk to 520-901-7010 or Toll Free 877-917-5295.

MORE INFORMATION on speaking with RIGHTSURE INSURANCE GROUP below: These are just a few of our over 50 Progressive Insurance Transfer Experts.



😁😎🎯-O-#Save 💸🤑💵








#CallUsToday 520-917-5295

😘✌🏼 ♥✌️