Skip to content

RightSure Insurance Group Blog

All You Ever Wanted to Know About Insurance

Coverage for Uber Drivers

Coverage for Uber Drivers

Are you someone who earns money by driving for RideShare apps like Uber or Lyft?

Did you know that there is specific coverage that you need on your insurance policy, BEFORE you can even start driving for them?

That's right, when you rideshare, your insurance company requires you to have certain endorsements to ensure coverage.

Insurance Expert Barton Beckley is here to explain the coverage you need in order to drive for Uber or Lyft!

In the above video Barton explains that you want to make sure you have the TNC endorsement. This stand for Transportation Network Coverage. This endorsement lets your insurance company know that you will be using your vehicle for more than just personal use such as going to the grocery store. 

The second point he makes is that both Uber and Lyft require you to have limits of 50,000/100,000 Bodily Injury /50,000 Property Damage. This is one to two steps above the minimum Liability limit- depending on your state.

Lastly Barton suggests you add Uninsured and Underinsured motorist coverage to your vehicle. Uninsured motorist is to cover you/your passengers bodily injury- should you get hit by a driver with no insurance. Underinsured is similar, but in this case it is to cover the bodily injury of you/your passengers should the person who is at fault, not have enough coverage to pay for your medical bills/property damage.

So if you are someone who wants to drive for Uber/Lyft- make sure you have the RIGHT coverage.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to an agent here at RIGHTSURE.