By Megan Kossow
How To Cancel My Progressive Policy
If you are looking to cancel your Progressive Insurance policy, here are a few steps to help!
- If you are considering switching insurance companies, try to do so at a good time. You can cancel your Progressive policy any time you want, but there are two particularly good times to switch companies.
- Try to start comparing rates of other companies 3-4 weeks before your insurance renewal date (you can find this information on your Declarations page or your ID cards). You will generally receive a renewal notice 15-30 days before it is set to renew, use the information given in the renewal notice to compare rates with several other competitors.
- Review your insurance after a major life event such as divorce or marriage, the birth of a new child, buying a new car and adding a newly licensed driver, or moving into a new home. Contact Progressive to see how these changes will affect your current insurance policy and then evaluate other insurance company options.
- Look into your Progressive policy contract to find information regarding cancellations. Depending on the state you reside and the policy type- there may be cancellation fees if you are trying to end your policy before the renewal date.
- Choose a new insurance carrier. Once you have compared rates from multiple sources and have found one you like- obtain that policy. In some states it is required that you show proof that you have obtained other insurance to cancel your current policy.
- If you are having issues comparing rates yourself- we can help! Here at RIGHTSURE we work with over 30 companies and can compare the rates FOR YOU.
- Arrange for your new policy to start on the day that you want your Progressive policy to end.
- Ask your new insurance Agent/ carrier if they can assist with the cancellation.
- Some insurance carriers will assist in the cancellation of your old policy while others won't.
- Insurance agencies- such as RIGHTSURE- almost always assist in the cancellation of your old carrier, you just simply sign a cancellation form and we will do the rest for you!
- If you are doing it on your own simply call Progressive and provide verbal confirmation of cancellation or write a signed letter stating you would like to cancel your policy and the date of which you wish to cancel.
CANCELLING THE POLICY ON YOUR OWN
- Mail in a signed cancellation. Most US states require there to be a written request of cancellation. You can fill out an online template (such as this one) or you can type up/write a letter yourself requesting cancellation. Please provide the following on the letter:
- Mail to Progressive Corporation 6300 Wilson Mills Rd, Mayfield Village, OH 44143 at least one week before the requested cancellation date
- Your signature along with the date
- The date of which you request the insurance policy to end
- Your Progressive insurance policy number
- Your name, phone number, and address
- Call Progressive to cancel the policy instead.
- Call 888-416-2003
- Have your Progressive policy number & replacement insurance policy information
- If they try to convince you to stay you can say "I'm sorry, I made my final decision and lined up a replacement policy"
Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, RIGHTSURE is an Insurance Technology firm leveraging cutting edge products with Artificial Intelligence and Insur-tech relationships to help families and businesses in 42 states. By using a unique, client-centered approach, combined with superior technology, RIGHTSURE presents clients with a wide range of Insurance options and a seamless purchasing process. To learn more, visit https://www.rightsure.com or call 520-917-5295.