Do you have someone special in your life? Are you thinking of marrying them?
Below are five questions to think about before getting engaged.
Finding love is a very special thing and can lead to marriage in the future. If you have someone special in mind and want to take things a step further, there are a few things the two of you should discuss before taking the dive of love!
- Do you have hesitations? - this is a big one. You obviously don't want to spend the rest of your life with someone who is hesitant, or if you are hesitant. Get to the bottom of why either of you feels this way and try to work it out before going further into the relationship.
- Are you in any debt? - this is a question not many people think about. You partner's debt matters because once the two of you are joined together in matrimony, that debt becomes yours. Make a cognitive plan on how to tackle that debt- together.
- Are our life goals compatible? - If you want to be a world traveler but your partner wants to stay in one place and raise a family, that can be an issue. Talk to your partner about what they want out of life and see if it is compatible with what you want out of life.
- Do you want kids? - This is often talked about before marriage but it is a very big one to be on the same page about. You don't want to go into a marriage thinking that your s/o will change their mind about this or vice versa. This can lead to resentment.
- How do you want to handle money? What are your financial goals? - Talking about money before settling down can be very important. It is good to know your partner's spending habits & financial goals to see if they are compatible with yours.
All in all, you want to have healthy communication before settling down in your relationship. Be open and honest with your partner and talk about the things that are important to you- I promise it will be worthwhile.
Don't forget- if you are looking to insure that beautiful ring you just bought/were given- we can help!
Call one of our knowledgeable insurance agents for jewelry coverage.
Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, RIGHTSURE is an Insurance Technology firm leveraging cutting edge products with Artificial Intelligence and Insur-tech relationships to help families and businesses in 42 states. By using a unique, client-centered approach, combined with superior technology, RIGHTSURE presents clients with a wide range of Insurance options and a seamless purchasing process. To learn more, visit https://www.rightsure.com or call 520-917-5295.