Skip to content

Commercial Property Insurance

Commercial Property Insurance

Commercial property insurance is one of the most common types of business insurance. This insurance coverage will provide property insurance that will cover your buildings, inventory, equipment, tools and more. Any loss that your business suffers from fire, break-in, vandalism, wind or other natural or manmade disasters are examples of what will be covered in your policy.

Although the type of coverage that a commercial policy will provide will vary between insurance companies, a basic commercial property insurance policy may be all that your business needs to be protected. As an independent insurance agent, RIGHTSURE we will help you find the best insurance policy, range of coverage and premium amount for your business.

To see a full list of the coverage options that are available or just to learn about business property insurance policies contact us today.

About Commercial Property Insurance

  • Insuring Buildings

    If you own a building that is being used for commercial purposes, you should have enough commercial property insurance to cover the replacement cost if the building should be damaged or destroyed. It is highly recommended that a third party appraises the building even if you have already used a cost estimator to fully understand the cost of replacement for your building.   Give us a call today, and we will help you find the policy that will provide you with the coverage that your business needs.

  • Flood Insurance

    The majority of commercial property policies do not include flood as a covered cause of loss. Purchasing a separate policy is necessary if you want to protect your business buildings from the damage that comes from a flood. Talk with your current insurance provider and make sure that you have the flood insurance that you will need. Most commercial property policies exclude flood as a covered cause of loss. A separate policy must be purchased to protect you from resulting damage. Check your current property insurance policy to be sure you are covered. If you do not know if you are covered call one of our insurance professionals and ask us to review your insurance policy so we can be sure you have the right coverage.

  • Business Personal Property Coverage

    Business personal property insurance will provide you coverage at a specific location. Usually things like furniture, fixtures, equipment and inventory are the items that are covered. The majority of commercial property policies have very limited coverage for property that is taken away from the specified location. When you are frequently taking your equipment off-site, you will need a different insurance policy.

  • Business Income (Business Interruption Coverage)

    This coverage will reimburse a business owner for loss of profits and fixed expenses that occur during the time that a business is closed. The insurance coverage applies when the business is shut down because the premises are being restored or rebuilt because of damage from an event such as a fire. This type of insurance policy can also cover the financial losses that occur when civil authorities limit customer access to the business or to the neighborhood after a disaster. This coverage is often strongly recommended for any business owner.

  • Electronic Data Processing (EDP) Insurance

    This insurance coverage was designed to cover and protect computer related equipment. The majority of  commercial property policies have very limited coverage for computer networks. EDP insurance will cover things like power surges and in some cases virus attacks.

RIGHTSURE understands the business insurance needs of our customers. Developing the right plan insurance plan for your needs is very important – call us today to find out how to protect your business and your future with the right insurance.